MY NCC Journey , PART-1

 MY NCC Journey

Hello everyone, I Junior Under Officer Kapil Bhandari from the Delhi Directorate. Before earning the rank of Junior Under Officer, I was just a regular civilian. I completed my schooling from Angels Public School, Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi, which is a private school. I don’t know much about NCC in other states or directorates, but in Delhi, most NCC units are associated with government schools. This meant that I was completely unaware of NCC opportunities during my school years.

After I finished my 12th grade, one of my friend say if you want to make your college experience good, so join NCC because in there are too many different types of camp. Soon after, our college posted a notice of "Enrollment soon". Then I search NCC seniors to know more about and buy any chance he is Junior Under Officer of our college. He was very kind and invited me to sit down as he patiently answered all my questions. After our conversation, he took me to attend an NCC class, which made me even more interested in joining.

On enrollment day, I went through a physical test, a written test, and an interview, and I cleared all of them. A few weeks later, I was added to a WhatsApp group where we received congratulations on being selected. Then, we got a message in the group: "You all have to report at 0730 hrs at college with black lowers, a white T-shirt, sports shoes, proper haircut, and clean shave." I understood the instructions, except for the "0730hr" part. Unfamiliar with military time, I called my senior that evening, who explained that it meant 7:30 a.m. Unfortunately, I still arrived late the next morning as it was my first time. 

After the morning PT (Physical Training) session, all cadets who arrived late were separated from the main file (a line or a way to stand in military). A senior warn us that, since we were not yet fully enrolled, this was our last warning to be punctual and follow NCC protocols strictly, after that day may be I never late in any class.

Then we had a drill class and then there was interaction with all the senior rank holders who gave their introduction and then we were told about the ranks of the entire army and NCC in correct order :-

Commissioned Officer Ranks

  1. Field marshal General
  2.  General
  3. Lieutenant General
  4. Major General
  5. Brigadier 
  6. Colonel
  7. Lieutenant Colonel
  8. Major
  9. Captain
  10. Lieutenant

Junior Commissioned Officer Ranks

  1. Subedar Major
  2. Subedar
  3. Naik Subedar

Non-Commissioned Officer Ranks

  1. Company Havildar Major
  2. Havildar
  3. Naik
  4. Lance Naik
  5. Sepoy

NCC's Ranks

  1. SUO (Senior Under Officer)
  2. JUO (Junior Under Officer)
  3. CHM (Company Havildar Major)
  4. SGT (Sergeant)
  5. CPL (Corporal)
  6. LCPL (Lance Corporal)
  7. Cadet






Stay tuned for the next part, where I share my life's first camp.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ME AND MY ROUTINE